Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where There's a Will....

View from my hotel window
View from my hotel window

Right in the middle of training on a new content management system. Talk about trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer! Anyhow London is fine. Lovely hotel right at the end of Regent's Street, so central to everything.

Tuesday morning I was looking for breakfast with Seb, one of my colleagues also over here. He went for a pastry somewhere, I needed a fry, so I ended up in a small cafe near Piccadilly. As I read my manual and ate my bacon, a tall guy beside me taps me on the shoulder. My cousin, Will! I knew he worked in the area and I had contacted him about meeting up, but this was weird.

Later after the course I was to meet up with him for a drink etc.. As I walked down Regent's Street, I noticed I had some missed calls. I took up my phone to ring him, happened to look across the road and there directly opposite was Will going in the opposite direction. Crazy!

We had a good pint in The Toucan, met up with Seb and had a gourmet burger in a nearby restaurant. A pesto burger! Then back to The Toucan for another pint or two. All in all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home