Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Viennese Zombie Cows

I was in Vienna a week or so back and took the opportunity to further my culinary adventures. Having convinced the waitress to read me the German menu rather than saddling me with the English one, I ordered and ate calves' liver dumplings in beef broth and then calves' brains. Cooked with eggs, you know they had to taste like scrambled eggs, and they did, though very delicately. I followed it up with some dumplings laced with ricotta in a berry sauce ('It is not what you have in your imagination...,' I was told when I jumped at the hint it was like a cheesecake). Perfectly edible. I enjoyed my Viennese fare. Great city, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home