Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Missed my first event.

Slept a little too long, so the restaurant was bedlam. Missed the kippers (all finished) and wasn't prepared to queue up for fry, so a healthy breakfast was had. I think I've been eating haggis. If so, I like it.

An American woman behind me was complaining about the heating in the rooms (she needed some!). Apparently "I come from 100 degree weather". She mellowed out and recommended an Irish company doing a play in the Travers called "Improbably Frequency". She's seen 64 events already; "I come in the preview week".

It is colder today though.

Anyhow I got my wireless connection, though I have to go to the bar to use it. Is that a problem?

By the time I got set I had 20 minutes to get to a debate on digital film distribution. All right so it isn't your cup of tea, but I have a professional as well as personal interest in this stuff. Film is cool, kids! Buses are good, but not that good, so I thought I'd try out the bar and plan my afternoon. Just one ticket bought for films, animation 2 at 1.00. I'm going to try some fringe stuff and maybe some Vaughan Williams later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home