Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Couchettes...they work!

Just arrived in Malmo, Sweden, en route to Stockholm (in another forty minutes). Although I can hardly say the whole couchette thing has improved much (either onmy last experience or seats), I did get to sleep. When I got to my car for some reason they had put the bed numbers in the twenties in the compartment for the eighties and vice versa. What do I know? Two Canadians doing one hell of a European trip were already there (they'll be going to Dublin in a while though they'll spend more time, and have already spent time in Lisburn, of all places). Then a cute Swedish girl joined the party, but a dodgy guy in a white tracksuit turned up and tried to take her bed. Eventually it was sorted and he got the remaining bed after a big Chinese guy arrived. I, naturally, was on the top bunk. It was oppressively hot and I laughed to myself when I saw them rolling out the blankets etc.. However, the last laugh was on me, I guess, for as the train floated to Sweden (via ferry) it got a little cold. Nice enough here now.

We were interrupted by the Bundes Police checking our passports. I would have thought this was normal, but I wasn't too sure. They were radioing in details from some of the others for checking and it seemed like they were looking for someone. Probably my imagination. Anyway I'm going to get some breakfast. That Schweineshaxen almost kept me awake with some indigestion. My last Rennie has been used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home