Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Again the restaurant on the doorstep does it again! I asked the receptionist (a new slightly Addams Family-ish guy) could he recommend a restaurant. He directed me to La Petite Biche (a doe, a female deer, not what you're thinking) around the corner. Unfortunately the little Biche was closed, so I wandered back towards my hotel and saw a place that rang a bell. 'L'Odyssey' cropped up in one of the Tripadvisor reviews, but I dismissed it a little as the reviewer seemed a little stoned. Now, however, given that I hadn't eaten properly since 2.00 and the place was full, I decided to give it a shot.

One of the filthiest waiters I have seen yet avoided me for a while. It seems to be a family run concern, with the male members of the family not too keen on the old hygiene. Not a good sign, but the tables full of Nice(?) people seemed happy enough. I chanced the spaghetti ai frutti di mare and some house red. The red was good, no vinegar here, but the meal, huge and riddled with clams, mussels, calamari, prawn and shrimp was stupendous. I left just a little (and still felt guilty), but I am a full camper now. I hope I'm well in the morning.

Grotty the hotel may be, but there is an Internet Cafe on one side (which I won't need because of wireless leakage from some unsecured network) and a supermarket on the other (I got my bottle of water!).

By the by, my shower room light (separate to the toilet) went out before I went out. It came back on when I returned. Apparently it overheats. Oh, hell, someone just flushed the chain upstairs and I thought we'd have an avalanche. It's like rain in a drainpipe or a puking girl. There goes sleep. Strange place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home