Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Fish and Ships

I visited the Sydney Aquarium yesterday (it seems like the same sort of sights keep cropping up on my trip). More impressive and more space than the Genoa one. They had a huge manta ray (I think), nearly 12 feet long and 10 across, and a strange creature called a shark ray which looked like a shark and like a ray, strangely enough. Very cartoonish eyes though and strange crests decorating its back, like Dame Edna Everage rhinestone glasses. I say it like I see it.

Exiting on to Darling Harbour, I couldn't resist a cool beer in the hot sun. It's all kind of like Templebar, only beautiful, with warm weather, a gorgeous bay, sailing vessels and motorboats, lots of fountains, and...well, it's not really like Templebar at all. I read relaxingly, then had a t-bone steak and more beer.

Finished the Salinger book. The final story 'Teddy' sees a resurgence of his obsession with religion, while yet again a child prodigy features. One can imagine a thesis on Salinger just writing itself.

Met up with Lynda, my cousin, at lunch. I'll be staying in her house for a couple of days before heading off to Melbourne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home