Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On Sober Reflection

Obviously that last post was written under some alcoholic influence. Nevertheless in the hot light of day I still feel pretty much the same way. I had planned to write another rant, but that would be boring and unfair to the Thai people. I will mention two things though: Firstly for those of you who think I was drunk and disorderly and probably deserved to be pushed down stairs, I must beg to differ. I was surprisingly reserved and helping the second girl out of the club. Suddenly this Indian guy, who must have been something to do with the club, started shouting something about showing me how to push someone down the stairs and began pushing me hard to the door. The manager stepped in, apologised, but we just wanted to get out and we did. Secondly, something Nick mentioned yesterday. he was on Khao San with another Brit, admittedly in the early hours, when they were accosted by two gay Thai guys. When they rejected their advances the Thais threatened to have them shot. A nice warm Thai welcome to Nick.

My trip is looking dodgy now. The hotel has messed up my Vietnam visa and the best they can do is get it to my hotel for 5.30 tomorrow. I am meant to be with the tour group on a night train to Chang Mai at 6.00, so it is going to be very tight. What annoys me is that they still had my passport at the hotel, it hadn't even gone to the embassy.

Last night I had my first Thai massage (nothing seedy, believe me). I expected to come out feeling like a million dollars. I came out with a bad back.

Enough moaning. I'll hopefully be getting out of here soon, if I ever get my passport back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home