Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Future's So Bright...

..I've gotta wear shades.

Doing a little reading on 'productivity tools' and 'collaboration software' this afternoon. Gleefully I was told that our personal and professional lives will become progressively closer until the Facebooks, Myspaces, etc. will detail everything, work and life, and we will be using them with that in mind. Social spaces will be just another forum to network and pose, a new job being always on our minds. (Apparently IT people will change job at least 20 times in their lives). In fact, I shouldn't be writing about movies, books, travels or food on my blog at all; my blog is for business topics, my career, my skills. And with connectivity everywhere there's nothing to stop me working anywhere!

Hello??? Anyone home? Is this something we want? Is this the new world order millenia of social evolution has been driving towards? Work! All the time, everywhere? It's like we are hellbent on creating a machine/prison to fit ourselves into. Of course, the presumption throughout is that 'everyone' will be using these technologies. 'Everyone' that 'matters' anyhow. Stop! Let me off! I don't want to matter any more.

Anyhow...

I study nuclear science,
I love my classes,
I've got a crazy teacher,
He wears dark glasses.
Things are going great,
And they're only getting better....

1 Comments:

At 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heretic. Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home