Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Strange Case of Boy George and the Dentures

With hours and hours of flexitime built up (and to be used by Monday), I took a half day. As my cousin, Janet, was doing rehearsals for a new play in town, we agreed to meet for lunch. It was at lunch I learnt the following curious fact: my aunt, Janet's mother, had recently sung a duet with Boy George. This is curious for many reasons including:
a.) She can't sing,
b.) Actually there's no need for a., b., c., d., etc., the idea is just preposterous!
And they sang 'Kevin Barry', which I can't recall right now, but not quite a Boy George song.
After lunch, I went for my ticket for 'Waitress' (I'm in the cinema now), and then for a coffee. In the cafe, or rather outside it, I saw a girl I went to college with and with whom I once went out on a date. After the guy she was talking with left, she remained, so I joined her. She is a lovely girl; attractive, intelligent, sweet. But it wasn't long before I remembered why I never asked her out a second time; talking to her is like pulling teeth, though not nearly as much fun. I made my case for dentures and moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home