Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Waiting for Mr Kolpert's Pizza

Bertie Ahern with his associates from the building industryBertie Ahern with his associates from the building industry
In 'Mr Kolpert', a contemporary German black farce, pizza is delivered. Unfortunately the real pizza - a necessary prop - was not delivered on time, so as I write I am in the foyer fo Smock Alley Theatre waiting for the doors to open. See you after the show.
 
20 minutes now and no pizza (no coverage either hence this not being posted in real time).
 
25 mins. The pizza should be free (and so should our tickets). If Jan's out after this, I'll join her for a drink. I'm running the risk of missing my last bus at this stage anyhow.
 
30 mins. If I'd known I was coming I'd have baked a cake, or my own pizza. At this stage the straight from the freezer variety would be quicker. Or maybe they should have gone for an Indian. Or a Chinese. Or for that matter a Mongolian, actually from Mongolia. I'm starting to get hungry.
 
35. This is well beyond the farcical.
 
We're in! 37 mins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home