Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Canal Bank Walk


Sometimes - not often - it's all worth it


I was feeling a little self-pitying after work and, not caring to eat, I put on my walking shoes and headed out. Passing by Christchurch I just had to wonder once more at the supreme folly of the Pepperpots. What idiot could ever have thought that covering the Cathedral facade was a good idea (not to mention demolishing the Viking Wall)? Well, my bad feelings were soothed somewhat once I got to the Grand Canal. You haven't lived until you've walked along its bank on a sunny evening with an old Morricone score playing in your ears! (One of those lesser known Italian ones from the 70s; I could practically feel my sideburns growing.) Some Soler followed to ease things along. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home