Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, April 30, 2010

As If I had Free Will

When confronted in a bookshop by one of those lovely Everyman hardback editions of 'The Short Stories of Ray Bradbury', what would you do? I mean what could I do!
Now I did have a second thought or two - I read one of his later collections ('Quicker than the Eye', I think) and was hearthily disappointed - and it wasn't a complete edition of all his stories (though there are some on the market). However, it did contain a hundred stories. And I do have if not exactly fond then wonderfully unpleasant memories of 'The Jar', which has haunted me since childhood. So I ask again: what would you do? It's damn obvious what I did.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home