Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Ray Bradbury RIP - A Star Dies

The grand old man of fantasy and sci-fi is dead. As a kid, his name under a title was a sure sign of quality and I grew up with Bradbury's star shining brightly in my firmament. As I grew older, his light occasionally flickered (I didn't like some of his later short stories), but purple prose and all, he was a true original. (To think one of his first stories was 'The Beast from Twenty Thousand Fathoms'....) We are definitely the poorer for his passing. It's probably appropriate that his death was marked by an astronomical rarity like the transit of Venus across the sun. He was a far more impressive rarity. He'll be missed, by me especially.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home