Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

What's wrong with this picture?

I got to the Reichstag and its dome, folks! Being in Berlin at 6 in the morning gives you a head start on the queue. Still those 70 year old Americans give you a run for your money. I got there though not before wasting 15 minutes determined to get a photograph of a bridge.

I had just come out of the Hauptbahnhof and saw this rather nice bridge with that golden monument you see from the Brandenburg Gate in the background. The video camera was packed up in the monster, but I had the smaller camera with me. I took a shot, but an old guy ruined it. Delete. Another shot. Damn, an American! You could tell he was an American because he was tall, wore a baseball cap and had a better camera than me (Japanese are shorter, wear straw hats and have a better camera than me; the rest of the world just has a better camera than me). I waited until he had his 10001 shots taken, checked and developed on the pavement while I watched, then he moved. Unfortunately another tourist decided to rest on the bridge. Wait again. Then the jogger; Berlin was waking up. Then finally...the battery died. I used what I always use, my mobile phone, but it was a crap shot anyway.

And I think at this point I should explain the story with my photographs. Being the wise and foreseeing man that I am, I left my camera cable at home. All photos that you son this site, with the exception of the Swedish Chef (who is known as the Norwegian Chef in Sweden) were taken with my phone. I use Bluetooth to transfer them to my laptop and then wireless to upload them. And that is why there have been no photos of late; I have had no wireless access and have depended on Internet cafes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home