Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hoi An Shopping

Freed from the odium of a tailor appointment, not needing to finalise any purchases, I took the free time given to me and went shopping. The fact is I cannot haggle. I am a marketeer's dream customer and I know I made many a seller happy that day.

At one point I took some time out to cross the bridge into the residential part of town. I passed by narrow houses with tv's blaring karaoke style singing. Doors were open everywhere. Two little boys followed me for a while asking me if I wanted to take their picture ('One dollar'). Another couple of kids cried out 'Money! Money!' as I came in sight, but when I refused they showed me their toy remote controlled car. I left these families to their privacy, and shopped on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home