Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Leaving Saigon

Despite all the gloom inspired by Vietnamese history, we visited the local market, Ben Thanh Market for dinner. Everything was very reasonable, so I tried to stuff myself with a couple of seafood dishes. Needless to say I failed in the stuffing department, but I was content. Afterwards I wandered the markets avoiding the fashion suggestions of Sabrina, Rebecca and Yung.

As it happens I resolved the broken cd player problem to a degree, buying a cheap portable mp3/cd/dvd player. It is pretty difficult to navigate music wise, has a short battery life and is clunky, but it plugs into the tv, reads dvds (including burnt files) and works. Of course I naturally stayed away from those very cheap, totally illegal dvds they sold in the same department store. I especially stayed away from Tom Twyker's new film 'Perfume' and Edward Norton in 'The Illusionist'. If I had them I would probably watch them in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home