Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oh, Horror!

It was only as I waited at the bus stop today that I remembered that the Horrorthon, a weekend festival of horror movies every year at Halloween, should be due. Getting into Dublin City I discovered this to be true indeed, in fact it had been on since Thursday. And I had missed it! Normally I would have a festival ticket for the full weekend. Now, not only had I forgotten, but when I read the programme, interesting though it was, I didn't feel the obligatory urge to get any tickets. Instead I went to the barber (and no Sweeney Todd neither). Definitely I am getting old.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 pm, Blogger ian said...

The one time I saw a film in the Horrorthon I wished I had not. It was great to finally see The Thing, but being trapped in a cinema full of be-mulleted anoraks was no fun, particularly when the film ended and we could not leave because they were having a question-and-answer/mutual love-in session. This truly was TEH HORRORE.

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger Niall said...

Yes, I know what you mean, (particularly about 'The Thing'; what a brilliant movie!), but I can't talk; I was an anorak (though to be fair to myself, I didn't have a mullet). There are some who would say I still am. Ah, well, it's all for the movies, the movies....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home