Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Have Heard the Mermaids Singing

I awoke in the middle of the night to a stange singing. This wasn't a drunken anthem, but an ethereal woman's voice, a wordless chant in the darkness. But who was it and where was it coming from? I moved the curtain to look outside, but there was no one. Besides it was too clear, yet low, to be coming through the window glass. From outside my room? Unlikely. It seemed to be coming from the very air itself.
 
It wasn't; it was my laptop. Earlier I had be listening to music when the laptop battery died. Rather than plug it in to shut it down, I closed the lid and packed it on the floor. Spontaneously, in the night, it had switched itself back on, apparently squeezing together enough juice for one more song. So much for mermaids.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting if not unsettling event. (How could it happen?) Who sang by the way? Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home