Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Viva Espana!

It is very tempting to talk of work, ie. university webwork, particularly when the day-to-day doings of university personnel make for some truly absurd comedy. It wouldn't be appropriate, however, so, much as I'd like to vent my spleen on all concerned, I will not. Instead let me just write that a large project that I am involved in, a website redesign, has not yet been launched a year and a half after it was begun and two weeks after it was ready to go live. The reasons are funny. Trust me, they are. Funny, as long as you don't have to work with them.

After much drinking, following much web spinning, Spidey here ain't too well. The traditional winter chest infection has set in. After last year's trip to sunnier climes for the winter (and I defintely include the South Pole in that), I'd almost forgotten the miserable ordeal that is Ireland in the winter. Still, the last day or so has been beautiful. It's just what lies ahead that bothers me.

Thankfully I have four days in Spain coming up. Every year some of my school friends and I have an unofficial reunion, usually abroad. Last year was Munich for the Oktoberfest. This year we go to Spain. Most of the others have some golf planned, but some olives, a frosted glass of beer and a sunny afternoon are what I am looking forward to. Viva Espana!

1 Comments:

At 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have a marathon to get through and I'm there with you on the Spain thing. I'm resigned to forgetting my sub-03:00 ambition given the nasty cold I have just finished with. If I participate (14.10.2007 - there's another week to decide) I'll just do a nice relaxed 03:30. Bottom line is, I'm more looking forward to Spain than the marathon ... Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home