Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Crappy!

I can't believe I'm even writing about such crappy things as BBC conducting contests. Another crappy thing was the Twilight Zone episode 'The Bard', something I saw a week or so back. Black magic gets William Shakespeare back from the dead to ghost write tv shows for a talentless writer. An utterly predictable bowel shot from Rod Serling, notable only for having a very young Burt Reynolds parody Marlon Brando.
Whether it's crappy or not I'm still undecided, but having FINALLY gotten around to listening to Portishead's 'Third', I was distinctly underwhelmed. I should be liking Beth Gibbons' vocals, not resenting their intrusion. I will give it more time before any categorical pronouncements.
More likeable is Beck's 'Modern Guilt'. I know, I know, I'm way too far behind the times. For goodness sake I'm only listening to The Delgados now and they've been disbanded for three years! (Liked their version of 'Mr Blue Sky' though.)
On the definitely not crappy front, I really wished I could have watched 'Three Days of the Condor' last night (seen it several times, but a while ago and it's a goody), but blast these school nights, there was work this morning. And on that note, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home