Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shutter Island

There are so many asylum stories out there that "Shutter Island" was never going to be original and it's not. You can guess what it's all about very, very early on. And I'm not sure the heavy, heavy approach Scorsese goes in for is entirely effective either. It has great music, looks good, and is never boring, and that final line nearly wins it for me, but I'm not convinced.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:23 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I went to see this movie expecting a ghost story,....WAS DISAPPOINTED.
Worst part was a scene where the mother was drowning her children.I had to walk out of the
theatre, couldnt watch that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home