Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Heathrow: Here we go!

I have arrived in Heathrow and am currently waiting for my Buenos Aires flight.

Back in Dublin I met Micheal MacConamara from DCU waiting for the same flight as me. he and his wife were going to a conference in the Kruger National Park of all places.

I have flown into London many, many times, but today was singularly satisfying. The plane was flying low and leisurely and the city lay below us lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree. Though it hurts to say it, the American in the chair behind me, evidently an inhabitant now of Old London town, helped by identifying, loudly, every major landmark; "Look there's the London Eye!", "There's the National Film Museum", "Look, Becky, there's your school!". And you could indeed see each place (though I had trouble with the school).

Anyhow I have eaten an unsatisfactory burger in Garfunkle's and am now paying exorbitant rates to write this up. How I suffer for my cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home