Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Needles!

Just got my travel shots. I have a very strong aversion to needles, especially those that go into my arm. As I went through the trip with the doctor - and that in itself was scary (don't get licked by strange animals!!!!) - I casually mentioned I needed my blood type for a medical form. "And you were going so well with only two needles!" she laughed. Yes, blood type meant three. The nurse inflicting the torture was pretty, but I just closed my eyes, lay back and thought of Ireland. That didn't work, so I thought of the little stings in my arm instead. Apparently I am due a dead arm in around 40 minutes. Whoopee!

I had nearly overcome my fear when I got the bill for the whole pleasant experience. 193 euro!!!! Needles! Oh, how I hate needles!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is an obvious "injection" gag begging to be aired but I suspect you deliberately avoided the use of the word to this end!!! you spoilsport O'Leary!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home