Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

"A F*cking Master!"

Last night was Killian's 30th and given the personalities involved, it was a surprisingly subdued (though still enjoyable) affair. He'd booked the upstairs part of O'Brien's on Leeson Street and between good food, a good DJ and lots of booze, everyone enjoyed things. I didn't even fight with Justin's Uncle Mick over politics! The Dell girls, who weren't Dell girls after all, were particularly distracting, though each was 'involved' as usual. Anyhow the others headed on to Traffic, I believe, but I headed off home at 2.

Nice to be called a f*cking master by Francisco in reference to my PHP skills (and he should know). He was the resident programmer while I was away on my travels and the week before they (idiotically) let him go, they saddled him with a big database project. He did what he could but it was an impossible task to achieve in a week and it subsequently fell on my desk (right when I didn't need it). Anyhow it's done now and it's good to know that at least one of my peers, if nobody else, appreciates the achievement. Now where did I leave my ego....

1 Comments:

At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant: It reminds me of a lovely review I read of Brian Wilson's first comeback gig a few months ago in which, the reviewer respectfully and carefully described the set, the stage / venue, the audience, Brian Wilson's performance, along with backing band and then, after all that, finished with: "Brian, you're a f**king legend!". Had I have seen your work Niall, I too would undoubtedly have said: "Niall, you're a f**king master!". Nobody doubts your abilities ... Phil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home