Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Broken Telly?

The offer came up of a flat screen telly. Perfect, I thought; my mother's been looking for one to hang on the wall for ages. It took a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, but today my youngest brother picked me up to brave the wilds of Leopardstown and collect us. While we stopped at a petrol station, I took the opportunity to ring, checking this was a hangable telly. Oh, no, afraid not, this is a cathode ray tube flat screen, not a plasma nor a LCD. Our adventure was over. Cathode ray tubes don't hang easily on the wall. Thankfully I wasn't the only potential customer to make the mistake and the seller was very obliging when I called to cancel.
 
On the plus side, it gave me an opportunity to talk to my youngest brother, and to visit his new house (his home cinema set-up is perfect). The middle brother came to visit (at my request it should be said) and we joined my dad for a drink or two in the local. Work has laid some sorry loads on my shoulders lately, so it was good to have some listening ears. (Does anyone need a film expert-php programming-web developing-lecturing writer, with the emphasis on film, these days? Go on, I'm all ears.) It was a pleasant chat, and of the type I rarely have these days. Anyhow thank you oh, family, for aborted telly trips and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home