Bopping with Niall JP O'Leary

Niall O'Leary insists on sharing his hare-brained notions and hysterical emotions. Personal obsessions with cinema, literature, food and alcohol feature regularly.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Hearts and Mind the Parsnips

Getting home last night, I decided to try the delicacy that is lambs heart. The one and only time I even touched heart was in a biology class in school. That was a happy experience, but not a culinary one. With a stack of root vegetables, I executed braised stuffed lambs hearts with vegetables a little messily, but not unsuccessfully. As it happened heart is lovely. Something of the texture of kidney or liver, but with a meatier taste. I liked it. Sadly the veg was a little too sweet as an accompaniment, especially with a stuffing that included lemon peel. I'm a savoury guy. Still another tick on the list and one I will revisit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home